Saturday, January 29, 2011

Barb and Ernie's Old Country Inn, Edmonton, Alberta

South central of the city.  This couple have a beautiful story of their lives and their cozy diner.  There is usually a line up at the door, which can be a good sign.  Breakfast is what they do best, which is great when thats all im in the mood for.  The menu is huge, definitely hard to choose, hotcakes, omelette's, Benedict, eggs any style, even a healthy portion for those craving some cornmeal crepes or multi grain hotcakes.  The couple are from Germany, so that is the atmosphere they have created, kind of loud, friendly welcoming and Schnitzel.  Unfortunately, my recent experience was not as good as my first.  After we had been asked if we were ready to order about four times within ten minutes of being sat, i was getting slightly annoyed, considering the wide selection in front of us.  My medium eggs were a pool on my plate, the French toast was dry and barely French at all, and after all that there were a few (what looked like facial hairs) under my toast.....yucky, that was the end of that meal....So not so great, however, the coffee was always being refilled, the servers were nice, and my meal was taken care of, so they do care about their customers which i applaud.  Everyone has their off days, and i guess this was one of mine, and whoever gave two attempts at making my eggs.....I will definitely go back and try again, they did win me over by having Twinnings Earl Grey tea......  

Natasha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment