Saturday, February 2, 2013

Cibo Bistro, Edmonton, Alberta

Ahhh I have finally been inspired to blog again!  Thank you Cibo!
Tucked away in Oliver Square, this small, chique, cozy kitchen is a gem.
I was welcomed as soon as I walked through the door, my reservation was acknowledged and our table was waiting, with menus, water and candlelight.

Our Server was very sweet and welcoming, I had a drink within 5 minutes of being seated. A very fresh well made martini which is hard to find, which had extra olives without even asking! Sold!

Umm fresh local food, almost everything made in house, cheese, cured meats, pasta....very impressive.

I had Insalata Di Rucola, wild arugula, Barlett pear, shaved candy cane beets, toasted pistachios, tartufo (black Truffle) vinaigrette, Pecorino (Italian Romano). An amazing salad, so fresh and piled high, such a great balance of sweet, savory and zesty.

I then had the Filetto di Maiale, Smoked Pork Tenderloin with chick pea and cannellini beans and rosemary reduction. The pork was nicely smoked, not overwhelming, very good reduction added some sweetness, healthy touch with the beans.

My friend had some fresh, plump olives to start and a delish creamy gnocchi as her main, Gnocchi Alla Panna, with goat ricotta, shallots, candied pears and Gorgonzola.

We also had dessert which was very good, clearly made in house. I had the Panna Cotta, honey custard, Sambuca stewed figs and apricots, toasted walnuts. So creamy very delightful. My friend had the Chocolate Mousse, Tazza Di Cioccolato, chocolate hazelnut mousse, salted hazelnuts & Braida marinated black berries. Quite rich but still very yum!

Overall a great experience, good wine selection, fair prices and to top it off they have an Espresso machine!!

Natasha:) xoxo



http://www.cibobistro.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment